Sunday, July 25, 2010

Impromptu Vacation


Our first vacation as a family was an impromptu one. Our condo was reserved 4 weeks before we were to check in. We hadn't planned on going anywhere this year, but my mother and I talked ourselves into it, and I'm very thankful we did.


Our adventure began at 3:30 Saturday morning, so Avery slept the majority of our "10"hr drive (ended up being 13-ish hrs... we got lost). She was so good, except for the last 2 hrs (which never would have happened if we could follow the directions on our GPS). Poor thing was over the whole car seat deal and ready to get out! She was a hot mess. It wasn't pretty. Once we made it to our condo, it was easy to let the stress of a long car ride (with a 9 month old baby) melt away and breathe in the salty sea air.

Our pool for the week.



No agendas. No rushing around. Just playing in the curtains, swimming, crawling around in a diaper, and pounding on the sliding glass door.
I love this picture.
Swimming with Moe.

I seriously think this was her favorite thing about vacation.


Our dear friends, Tandy and Cindy, joined us because they are family.  Combined with my mother, these ladies are hilarious. Even if you have no idea what they are talking about (and I don't half the time), you will crack up just listening to them laugh... just ask my husband (the only male on this trip). Love his heart. He said he felt like he was with the Ya Ya Sisterhood. lol!

Mom, Tandy, & Cindy

Me & my girl



Great weather. Lots of laughter. Lots of love. Great week.

I think this picture accurately portrays our week.

1 comment:

  1. Hilary, I am your new blog follower, Love you, Howie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Feel free to suggest this blog to anyone you feel would enjoy it. Share the love! ;)
Thank you, again!
Hilary