Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Magic

It's nasty out today. Raining. The kind of day you can get a serious case of the blahs. The kind of day where it is entirely too easy to pine for your warm covers and fold yourself in I don't want to's and I'm not going to's. However, for me... Today. Was. Magic. I really can't think of another word to describe the feeling. I'm not sure what it is about Florence and the Machine and my Avery, but it makes me very happy (and if your volume is on, you should be hearing them right about... now). Every time she hears them (especially this song), she asks demands "Turn up, Momma!". "Dance, Momma! Dance, Momma!" And so... we do.


Stopping at a red light and sneaking a look in the rear view mirror... seeing her watching my hand movements, so she can mimic exactly what I'm doing... MAGIC. I love that she loves music. I love that she has already discovered that a good song can turn your entire day around. I love that cackle of laughter that flows from her so freely. I love that she dances. MAGIC.

"Dance, Momma! Dance, Momma!"... my new mantra. Not a bad life lesson from a (almost) 2 year old. So, if you see a woman dancing in her minivan, it's me. Rest assured that there is a fantastic song on the radio and I'm following her lead.
 Thanking God, today and every day, for the loves in my life. Enjoy the song.

*READ: These pictures were taken, while we were parked safely in our driveway. Do not call CPS. Have a good day.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet Hilary. Love the pictures and your description of Avery talking and dancing. I love it when kids love music! Three of my four grandblessings love music. And, the other one, well, he doesn't hate it, just not really his "thing". So happy that you can see the joy and happiness that God gives you each day in those little blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Feel free to suggest this blog to anyone you feel would enjoy it. Share the love! ;)
Thank you, again!
Hilary