Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I've been flirting with this linking up thing for awhile. Several of my blogging friends are doing it (Abby and Jamie), so I felt the urge to jump on board. I'm linking up with another Jamie at this kind of love and, I apologize in advance if I've jacked this whole "linking-up business".


I am loving... my sweet Avery's new and improved, earlier bedtime. Andy and I always went with the it works for us, so why change it  approach when it came to bedtime. We still co-sleep (with both girls), but it's a modified co-sleeping system. ha! Avery's previous bedtime was somewhere between 10:00-10:30, and was becoming more and more of a fight. With Andy working out of town occasionally, and me, home with both littles... let's just say something had to give. Now, my big girl is asleep no later than 8:30, and Momma is happy. There's no fight. There's no fit. No begging asking for Daddy, because mean ol' Momma is forcing the sleep situation. It's been smooth sailing. I probably just jinxed myself for about a month... I'll let you know.

  I am loving... this (and every season before) of The Biggest Loser.


I can honestly say, I was a little concerned about the quality of the show, this being the first season without Jillian Michaels, but I must say... I'm very pleasantly surprised. I shouldn't be though. I've been a loyal fan to this show since day 1. I know, I know... some people (aka: my husband) don't understand why one would want to watch fat bigger people sweat, scream, cry, and completely expose themselves on TV. Having been a passenger on the weight roller coaster for the past 11 years, I can honestly relate to these contestants. I'm happy to announce that I believe I converted him into enough of a "fan" last season, that he no longer rolls his eyes when he comes in the room and it's on. No more silently pleading with my eyes, "Please?".
No, I'm not big enough to be a contestant... but there was a time in my not-so-long-ago past, that I was eligible. It was a fleeting time in my life (thank you, God), but I know first hand how easy it is to hide behind your waistline. I still use my waistline as an excuse to keep me from doing things I'm afraid of. *Anyways, this show gets me, every time. Never fails.

I am loving... my Instagram account. Yes. I'm aware it's been around for awhile, but I'm just now discovering it.






hvcaudill
follow me.

I am loving... reading about all these festive/fall inspired recipes! I'm not a huge fan of the kitchen, but have to admit, what I've been reading, has definitely peeked my interest. Oh, that sounds amazing. I could so do this one... Maybe I'll try that... You catch my drift. The Brown Eyed Baker is a wonderful resource for the kitchen beginner, like myself, with tutorials and "baking FAQ"s, I don't feel like as much of an idiot. I actually used this one for Avery's birthday cupcakes (don't get me wrong, my mother still practically held me hand through text messages, but I did it), and am looking for an excuse to try these in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. I don't need an excuse, do I? I mean... tis' the season, right? That's enough of an excuse.

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
www.browneyedbaker.com

*Regardless of talent level in the kitchen, I would recommend www.browneyedbaker.com for some great recipe ideas. Hopefully, your house (and mine) will be filled with delicious, festive smells soon.

I am loving... Pinterest. Yes, just like Instagram, I'm aware it's been around for awhile, but I'm just now discovering it. My dear friend, Ali, told me about it months ago, and I kinda forgot about it. Then, my mother started talking about it, and I realized I had better get on the internet sensation ball. Can't have her being more technologically advanced than me, can I? Pinterest = A BIG HUGE BLACK HOLE OF FABULOUS-NESS. Seriously. Tie a rope around your waist and have a family member hold on tight to the other end. You will need to have them pull you back into the real world.
All that being said, I have found some really cute craft ideas for the girls (especially once EG gets a little bigger), decorating items to add to my Someday wish list, and some fantastic blogs to start reading. Love it. So, if you haven't already, get pinning.      

       

So, what are you loving this Wednesday? Thanks for reading and feel free to share the love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Feel free to suggest this blog to anyone you feel would enjoy it. Share the love! ;)
Thank you, again!
Hilary